Sunflower Seed is a friendly village child care setting which offers a preschool, breakfast and after school club and a holiday club for children aged 2 to 11 years and is open 52 weeks a year. (Except bank holidays) We are a nonprofit making setting and run by a committee which consists of parents and carers of attending children.
Aims & Objectives
• Every child is a unique individual
• All children have skills and abilities that need to be brought out and built upon
• The starting point of children’s education is what they can do, not what they cannot do.
• Children have the right to develop physically, socially, emotionally, morally and intellectually to their full potential
• All children learn best through play and first hand experiences, using their five senses.
• The Manager or Deputy Manager is always available in the setting.
• All staff are DBS cleared and have a Level 2/3 qualification in childcare or are working towards a qualification.
• All staff have a current Pediatric first aid certificate and have safeguarding training. This also includes our Administrator and Cook.
• Staff turnover is infrequent, with many staff having been at Sunflower Seed for over 5 years.
• All staff are aware of our policies and procedures and have signed each one to say they have read and understood them.
"Sunflowers is a lovely nursery with caring and proactive staff. Always offering support, keeping in touch with parents, developing menus and play opportunities. My daughter is always smiling and happy when I see her play there and is learning lots."
"Excellent pre school my son Ty absolutely loves it ladies are fantastic! A very warm and welcoming place for children to be."
Did You Know?
We are situated in the grounds of Northborough primary school in a spacious mobile classroom.
We have a secure outdoor area which children access freely.
We are also lucky enough to be able to explore in the school orchard and run freely on the large playing field.
Children also enjoy walking around the village and trips to the local park.
Sunflower Seed provides preschool care and education for children aged 2-5 years.
We aim to provide the best possible preschool education for your child based on a “Learning through play” curriculum in a safe, happy and stimulating environment.
Each child is respected as an individual and given the chance to grow and develop at his/her own pace.
We are registered to provide care for up to 36 children each day operating between the hours of 8am to 6pm.